PHP7 brings several new features that can help make a better website. PHP7 can be used to develop high-performance websites. PHP7 does not take up as much memory as the previous versions. The fact that it handles data with a more efficient structure allows us to add more complicated features and at the same time have a good website loading time. PHP7 also has good error handling features to make the website experience smoother for its visitors.
This is the reason why many of the PHP frameworks have released a new version that includes the use of PHP7, like CakePHP, Zend, Laravel and more.
Advantages of migrating from CakePHP 2 to CakePHP 3.3
- CakePHP 3.x implements ORM for database access. This helps make database access much faster.
- CakePHP 3.x includes additional helper methods that make it easier to multi-language applications.
- Changes to the view layers mean the layout is not extendable too.
- CakePHP 3.x makes use of ResultSet Object. These objects have replaced the arrays. This is a powerful tool that can be used in several methods to manipulate the data.
- The routing with CakePHP 3.x is faster and more flexible.
- With the implementation of PHP7, CakePHP 3.x is more efficient and performs better too.
- The session management has a big improvement with this new version of the framework.
- Now any plugin can be used as a theme thus making the themes more powerful.
- With additional components and helpers in the built-in libraries, the main benefit is that it eliminates many boring, repetitive and tedious development tasks.
Web Development at Ellipsis InfoTech
Ellipsis is a PHP web design and development company in India with over 4 years of experience. They offer small business website design solutions and even development of large scale websites.
They are the right firm to choose for PHP Development with over 90% client satisfaction and result based services with 100% confidentiality.