PrestaShop is eCommerce software that can be easily set up and configured. It is likely that you will need a help of a PrestaShop development company to configure some of the advanced features; however, it is possible to set up the basic features on your own. Here are some tips on PrestaShop eCommerce website development.
Tips on PrestaShop eCommerce website development
- Make sure the smarty engine (template) is configured correctly.
- Three important ‘C’ s to configure, (CCC) Compress, combine, cache. All these sections need to be enabled except for High-Risk HTML compression.
- The directory tree for images helps organize the images in a good manner. The advantage being that it prevents having the 1000s of images in one folder.
- When it comes to an eCommerce website it is important that they be fast loading. There are several techniques that can be used to optimize the loading time of the website.
- One of the popular techniques to reduce loading time is to create multiple domains one for normal ‘is’ and other for ‘js themes’. One for normal ‘cs’ and other for ‘cs themes’ Doing this helps reduce the loading time since a browser is limited to 8 parallel downloads.
- It is a good idea to use CDN – content delivery networks to speed up the loading time of the websites. It is possible to use Cloud-cache one of the best cache modules that are available as a free plug-in.
What to expect in PrestaShop 1.7.0
This is a major release of PrestaShop which aims to simplify the shop and products section. The module section has been made simpler too, hence it is now easier to install additional modules and configure them. The Administrative section has been enhanced with changes to the admin menu structure and general interface. This makes it easy for the users to make regular updates with more ease.
Web Development at Ellipsis InfoTech
Ellipsis is a PrestaShop development company in India with over plenty of experience. Besides having developed many types of websites for large firms they are also involved in web development for several small firms. We are involved in PrestaShop development services.
Hence when in need to hire dedicated PrestaShop developer you can feel safe with us. Our high client retention ratio says a lot about our work.